Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Here are some rabbit stories!

We mainly had Hollanders and Polish dwarf rabbits through the years. At one point, we had one that was quite aggressive. It would try to scratch you, while growling. But when it was in my arms, it would calm down. One sunny day, it was sitting next to me on the bench in the garden. Asta, our very large dog, was curious and went to take a look and a sniff. That wasn't appreciated and Asta greeted by a growl. She was so shocked that she ran away. The rabbit jumped off the bench and started chasing a scared Asta. It was such weird and funny thing to see! A rabbit chasing a dog! 

My sister and I often took the rabbits for a walk in our doll pram. Apparently, my sister took a nest of newborn baby rabbits and decided to take them out for a walk. She must have been very young because I'm not sure if I was born yet. She showed the babies to our neighbour, who quickly sent her back home. Luckily, the babies were alright and they all survived.

I moved into my new house in 2004. I didn't have two runs yet to put Droppie and Snuffie in. I couldn't put them together because Droppie was a male and Snuffie a female. To solve the problem I put a big lit in the middle so they couldn't get together.
After the rabbits were in the garden, Neil and I had breakfast in the kitchen and we kept an eye on the rabbits.
Droppie probably thought he wasn't being watched and tried to get to the other side by pressing his paws against the lit.
We saw it and we both yelled: Droppie nooo!!!!
He was so shocked by the fact that he was caught, he ran back to his side and layed down like he tried to say: hey, I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just relaxing here!


Later that week I thought I could try it again.
I thought that Droppie had already learnt his lesson.
My dad was visiting and I made him an instant coffee.
While I opened the instant coffee bag, I saw Droppie on top of Snuffie.
Again I yelled Droppie nooo!!!! I ran outside to pick up Droppie and put him back in his own hutch.
I went back in the kitchen and I saw my dad with a very surprised look on his face and covered in coffee powder.

            Our dog Loeki with my sweet Hollander Snoesje and her babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this old article and I was wondering something...

They call men who wear make-up "genderbenders". As to say: because they're wearing make-up, they're bending towards being ...