Friday, April 12, 2019

Deliciously Ella's tweaked pea & cauliflower bowl.

This is my all time favourite Deliciously Ella recipe that I ever made.
But... I have made some changes to my own taste.

I'm not a fan of asparagus, so I often replace it with broccoli or, if I'm feeling fancy, with bimi.

Despite the fact that the Netherlands knows kale for centuries, it's not always available as a whole. You can buy it frozen all year round but it's cut in very small pieces because over here it's used in stamppot. That's a staple dish that is very popular here during the winter.
A lot of seasonal vegetables and fruits are only available during a particular season.
So, often leave it out or I substitute it for something else I have in the fridge.

I make the mashed peas according to the original recipe apart from the lime juice because I don't like the sour taste.
If you like than you can add it of course. 

I usually eat it for dinner with some risotto rice or quinoa and a veggie burger or vegan fish burger.

Despite all that, it's a very tasty and healthy recipe.
I hope that you like as much as I do.


INGREDIENTS

  • ⅓ head of cauliflower or frozen florets
  • ⅓ tsp ground turmeric
  • ½ tsp chilli flakes
  • Salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • Handful of broccoli or bimi (8 spears)
  • 3 big handfuls of kale (about 80g) (optional)
  • 200g frozen peas

METHOD

Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/ 400F/Gas 6.
Chop the cauliflower into florets and place these on a large baking tray (with space for the broccoli and kale) with the turmeric, chilli flakes, lots of black pepper, a little salt and a drizzling of olive oil. Put in the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
After 10 minutes, add the broccoli to the tray.
Finally, five to eight minutes before the end, put the torn-up kale leaves on the tray, too (discard the stalks), with a sprinkling of salt.
 Meanwhile, put the peas in a saucepan of cold water and bring them to the boil, allowing them to cook for 10 minutes. Drain them and place in a bowl with black pepper, salt and one tablespoon of olive oil, then mash the peas.
Arrange the baked veggies on the bed of pea mash to serve.

Ella's tip:
Shop sense: To avoid wastage, roast the whole head of the cauliflower in the packet and store the leftovers in the fridge. Roast veg makes a great addition to any meal.
Recipe from Deliciously Ella Every Day by Ella Woodward. 

This is a link to the original recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Found this old article and I was wondering something...

They call men who wear make-up "genderbenders". As to say: because they're wearing make-up, they're bending towards being ...